HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?
“Bradley Manning, a transgender U.S. Army soldier, was in prison for seven years at the U.S. Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, after being convicted by a military tribunal under the Espionage and Computer Fraud and Abuse Acts and sentenced to 35 years in prison for releasing approximately 750,000 documents to WikiLeaks, of which only small amount of those documents ultimately lead to her conviction (some of them were published by The New York Times, The Guardian, and Der Spiegel).
Manning at that time was a 22-year-old Army private named Bradley Manning. The information she disclosed included low level battlefield reports from Iraq and Afghanistan, evidence of civilian deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan, Guantanamo prison camp detainee profiles and U.S. diplomatic correspondence.
President Obama commuted her sentence to time served three days before he left office. Her imprisonment was longer than any whistleblower in U.S. history.”
Well, there was an American soldier with access to the inside secretes of the Army and its conduct in a war in the middle east. Unfortunately for him, he was in possession of a forbidden commodity: a conscience. The reports he was viewing revealed a shocking array of crimes and brutality happening in these war zones. These were not little misdemeanor violations, they were truly criminal and shocking. What should he do?
He could report these through his chain of command. Seriously, do we know how far that would go? The violations went far above his platoon sergeant, Captain, or even a battalion commander. And he would become far lower than a worm dwelling in the vents of the Pacific Ocean trench. If Jesus Christ witnessed these things would he be able to remain silent? Well, he didn’t remain silent about the abuses of his time, and they killed him. The Army might have wanted to do the same, but they did what they could…none of which was righteous.
REVELATIONS BY BRADLEY MANNING:
Iraq War abuse, torture, rape, and murder by Iraqi police
trade war against any European country opposing GMO crops from Monsanto.
British Americans lie to British Parliament over ban on cluster bombs.
U.S. Army helicopter gunned down civilians, including Reuters news staff.
U.S. forces conducting offensive operations inside Pakistan
U.S. troops in Iraq executed at least 10 Iraqi civilians then called in an airstrike to destroy the evidence.
Iraqi government’s refuses to grant U.S. troops immunity from prosecution
A NATO coalition hunts down targets for death or detention without trial. They mistakenly killed men, women, children, and Afghan police officers.
U.S. threatened Italian government to influence a court case
CIA agents kidnapping of an Egyptian cleric.
U.S. pressured Spanish prosecutors investigating killing of a Spanish journalist by U.S. troops in Iraq.
US spying campaign targeted the leadership of the U.N.
WHO DID THE FIRST VIOLATION? THE ARMY
“In no case shall information be classified… in order to: conceal violations of law, inefficiency, or administrative error; prevent embarrassment to a person, organization, or agency… or prevent or delay the release of information that does not require protection in the interest of the national security.”
—Executive Order 13526, Sec. 1.7. Classification Prohibitions and Limitations
IT IS ILLEGAL TO HIDE THESE SUBJECTS IN CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS. WHO GOT PROSECUTED FROM THE GOVERNMENT? NO ONE.
REVELATIONS BY SNOWDEN:
Secret court orders allow NSA to sweep up Americans’ phone records
NSA’s program to access the servers of Google, Facebook, Microsoft and Apple
Britain taps fiber optic cables around the world
NSA spies on foreign countries and world leaders
XKeyscore, the program that sees everything a user does on the Internet
NSA efforts to crack encryption and undermine Internet security
NSA elite hacking team techniques revealed
NSA cracks Google and Yahoo data center links
NSA collects text messages
NSA intercepts all phone calls in two countries
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
The US Supreme Court (US v. Katz 389 US 347) has made it clear that this core privacy protection does cover government eavesdropping. As a result, all electronic surveillance by the government in the United States is illegal, unless it falls under one of a small number of precise exceptions specifically carved out in the law.
United States Code Title 50, Chapter 36, Subchapter 1
Section 1809. Criminal sanctions
(a) Prohibited activities
A person is guilty of an offense if he intentionally-
(1) engages in electronic surveillance under color of law except as authorized by statute
In other words, the NSA can only spy where it is explicitly granted permission to do so by statute. Citizens concerned about surveillance do not have to answer the question, “what law restricts the NSA’s spying?” Rather, the government is required to supply an answer to the question “what law permits the NSA to spy?”
Point #2: There are only three laws that permit the government to spy
There are only three laws that authorize any exceptions to the ban on electronic eavesdropping by the government. Congress has explicitly stated that these three laws are the exclusive means by which domestic electronic surveillance can be carried out (18 USC, Section 2511(2)(f)). They are:
Title III and ECPA. Title III and the Electronic Commnunications Privacy Act make up the statutes that govern criminal wiretaps in the United States.
FISA. The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act is the law that governs eavesdropping on agents of “foreign powers” within the United States, including suspected foreign terrorists
WIKILEAKS JULIAN ASSANGE REVELATIONS ABOUT THE CLINTONS AND THE DNC:
ABOUT THE CLINTONS AND THE DNC:
- Obama lied: he knew about Hillary’s secret server and wrote to her using a pseudonym, cover-up happened (intent to destroy evidence)
2. Hillary Clinton dreams of completely “open borders”
3. Hillary Clinton received money from and supported nations that she KNEW funded ISIS and terrorists
4. Hillary has public positions on policy and her private ones
5. Paying people to incite violence and unrest at Trump rallies
6. Hillary’s campaign wants “unaware” and “compliant” citizens
7. Top Hillary aides mock Catholics for their faith
8. Hillary deleted her incriminating emails. State covered it up. Asked about using White House executive privilege to hide from Congress.
9. Bribery: King of Morocco gave Clinton Foundation $12 million for a meeting with Hillary, 6 months later Morocco gets weapons
10. “Spirit Cooking” (Warning: satanic/extremely graphic)
11. State Department tried to bribe FBI to un-classify Clinton emails (FBI docs)
12. Hillary caught on tape about rigging the Palestine election (audio)
13. Latinos are “needy”. Latino outreach is “taco bowl engagement”
14. Clinton campaign was in direct communication with DOJ regarding Hillary’s investigation
15. Bill Clinton receives $1 million “birthday gift” from ISIS-funding Qatar while Hillary was SoS, Qatar receives arms flow increases of 1,482%
- Hillary cheated in debates: DNC head Donna Brazile caught giving MULTIPLE debate questions to Hillary
17. Hillary campaign prays for shooters in news stories to be white
18. Rigging the primaries against Bernie Sanders (DNC favored Hillary)
- Rigging the primaries against Bernie Sanders (Hillary’s team)
20. Hillary was hateful, neglectful, above the law, “contemptuous” to her security detail, and “blatantly disregarded” security, (FBI docs)
21. Clinton Foundation schemed with Big Pharma: keep the price of AIDS drugs high in America and NO to cheaper generic versions
22. Democrats created fake Trump “grope under the meeting table” Craigslist employment ad in May 2016
23. Hillary’s camp excited about a black teen’s murder (to help her agenda)
24. Rigging media polls through oversampling
25. “Bill Clinton Inc.” How millions of dollars were raised for the Clintons. Blurred lines between personal and Foundation money
26. Hillary sold 20% of America’s uranium to Russia as SoS, Clinton camp worried that the deal is being investigated
27. Hillary is still privately against gay marriage
- Acknowledging radical Islam is a real threat and a “serious problem for our future”
29. Admitting terrorists will infiltrate the Syrian refugee program
30. Hillary’s poor health (collapsing, memory loss, drug research)
31. Hillary took money from foreigners for campaign (illegal)
- Hillary says climate change activists should “get a life”
- Hillary is pro-fracking, calls it “a gift”, despite what she publicly says
34. Referring to a “Shadow Government” that protects Hillary (FBI docs)
35. List of reporters that Hillary wined and dined, including biggest journalists and pundits of CNN, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, NY Times, and a lot more. Off the record.
36. Democrats using American lobbyists to money launder foreign
37. The New York Times colluding with Hillary, allowed quote edits
38. Racist remarks about Blacks and Muslims
39. Tipped off by the State Department regarding Benghazi emails
40. Hillary’s staff admitting she is “tainted” and “really vulnerable” on
corruption and bribery
41. Podesta’s very close friend at DOJ in charge of FBI re-opening
email investigation, previously gave campaign “heads up”
42. Billionaire George Soros has influence over Hillary, ties to election
fraud in systems used for U.S. voting
43. Clinton campaign refuses to report sexual harassment (then
forwards complaint to harasser)
44. CEO of Google (parent company) working for Hillary Campaign
45. Admitting Hillary did not use private server for security reasons
46. Hillary Clinton “doesn’t seem to know what planet we are all living
in at the moment”
47. Hillary’s team: She has “the worst judgment” and her “instincts”
have led to many problems for campaign
48. Are there other emails that Hillary didn’t release to Congress?
49. Obama elevated Malaysia on the human rights list JUST to let
Malaysia into TPP
50. Big media collusion email, working with reporters
51. Using female senator to conjure fake sexist claims against Bernie
52. Hillary campaign caught partaking in insider trading (illegal)
53. Hillary Clinton bragged about being invited to Putin’s ‘Inner
54. Hillary needed to be reminded to NOT to discuss foreign policy
intel over private email server
55. John Podesta’s password was p@ssw0rd
56. Hillary Clinton had to be told when to smile during speeches
57. “Bernie needs to be ground to a pulp” and more
58. Disney, ABC head is colluding with Hillary’s campaign
59. Coordinating with SuperPACs, which is illegal
60. Hillary’s team admitting she lies a lot
61. Plotting to attack Obama because “his father was a Muslim”
- Colluding over withholding Benghazi emails
63. Hillary plans to support the TPP
- Entire “interview” with MSNBC’s Chris Hayes is staged, reading
65. Hillary Clinton stole furniture from the State Department (FBI docs)
66. Hillary told Tim Kaine back in July 2015 he would be VP
67. Hillary tweaks her policies based on donors’ wants
68. “…go through all the emails and pull the official ones”
69. Hillary sends U.S. intelligence and war plans to Podesta’s hacked email
- Hillary’s team admits to knowing of classified material in emails
71. NBC colluded with the Clinton campaign
72. Avoiding the press because of tough questions
73. Clinton Foundation did not pay for the services they received
74. Illegally coordinating with Priorities USA, a SuperPAC funded by George Soros
75. Conflict of interest: Bill was personally paid and received gifts from CGI sponsors
76. Man who ran ‘Bill Clinton Inc.’: “I’m also starting to worry that if this story gets out, we are screwed”
77. Podesta illegally has access to top secret information
78. Podesta connects to unsecure network where anyone could access classified files
79. Hillary’s speechwriters: “I don’t mind the ‘backs of dead Americans’ because we need a bit of moral outrage.” (Benghazi)
80. Admitting Hillary failed foreign policy
81. The AP colluding with the Hillary campaign
82. Hillary camp using “propaganda”
83. Hillary’s camp says she has a “character problem” and is “arrogant”
84. Staging fake anti-Trump protest, conspiring with Univision CEO
85. Meeting to go over Cheryl Mills’ testimony to FBI/Congress
86. Journalist talks strategy with Clinton staff and asks for permission to write article
87. Violating campaign finance law
88. Proof that ‘Correct the Record’ (SuperPAC) is directly coordinating with the Hillary campaign against federal campaign law
89. Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg in direct contact with the Hillary campaign
90. Hillary’s team working with hundreds of MSM news pundits
91. Admitting Obamacare isn’t working
92. Hillary tries to hide her tiny rallies
93. Hillary had a mole working on Biden’s team
94. John Oliver caught colluding with Hillary’s campaign
95. Politico’s Glenn Thrush colluding with Hillary’s campaign, admits to being a “hack”
96. “We are finishing up the next round of TV scripts”
97. ‘The Huffington Post’ colluded with Hillary
98. Clinton campaign memorized their email cover-up script
99. Heavy press collusion over Cuba and Hillary’s health
100. Obama picked people in his administration from the suggestion list of CiTi bank advisor/Wall St shill
WHO GOT PROSECUTED? So far…no one. There is a challenge from Sanders supporters against the DNC which is still undecided. Stay tuned.
THANKS FROM TRUMP?
Washington (CNN)US authorities have prepared charges to seek the arrest of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, US officials familiar with the matter tell CNN.
The Justice Department investigation of Assange and WikiLeaks dates to at least 2010, when the site first gained wide attention for posting thousands of files stolen by the former US Army intelligence analyst now known as Chelsea Manning.
But Ben Wizner, director of the American Civil Liberties Union’s Speech, Privacy and Technology Project, argued that US prosecution of Assange sets a dangerous precedent.
“Never in the history of this country has a publisher been prosecuted for presenting truthful information to the public,” Wizner told CNN. “Any prosecution of WikiLeaks for publishing government secrets would set a dangerous precedent that the Trump administration would surely use to target other news organizations.”
AMERICAN WAR CRIMES
Did America do some good in the world? Probably more than the other side would have done. But we also did some things that we should be ashamed of.
There could be no “war crimes” until nations defined these laws. The Hague Conventions of 1899 and 1907 are a series of international treaties and declarations negotiated at two international peace conferences at The Hague in the Netherlands. The First Hague Conference was held in 1899 and the Second Hague Conference in 1907. Along with the Geneva Conventions, the Hague Conventions were among the first formal statements of the laws of war and war crimes in the body of secular international law. A third conference was planned for 1914 and later rescheduled for 1915, but it did not take place due to the start of World War I.
But don’t forget that from the first Spanish until 1911 Europeans and Americans traded massacres with native Americans without end. The key is that we “Christian” nations break treaties, lie cheat, and steal as much as any “savages”. So my ancestors were on both sides killing each other.
The list is too long but you can read it here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_massacres
In 1923 Florida earned a place on the shame list for racial violence. An entire town was demolished and residents killed in the Rosewood Massacre.
It went on in WWII as well: “In the aftermath of the 1944 Malmedy massacre, in which 80 American POWs were murdered by their German captors, a written order from the Headquarters of the 328th U.S. Army Infantry Regiment, dated 21 December 1944, stated: “No SS troops or paratroopers will be taken prisoner but [rather they] will be shot on sight.” Major-General Raymond Hufft (U.S. Army) gave instructions to his troops not to take prisoners when they crossed the Rhine in 1945. “After the war, when he reflected on the war crimes he authorized, he admitted, ‘if the Germans had won, I would have been on trial at Nuremberg instead of them.“ This Wikipedia article list MANY more atrocities in both theaters.
So beginning with the Philippine–American War and up to this day we had the opportunity to break those laws…and we did. But many times we have kept these facts “classified” and protected the guilty.
Secret wartime files made public only in 2006 reveal that American GIs committed 400 sexual offenses in Europe, including 126 rapes in England, between 1942 and 1945. A study by Robert J. Lilly estimates that a total of 14,000 civilian women in England, France and Germany were raped by American GIs during World War II. It is estimated that there were around 3,500 rapes by American servicemen in France between June 1944 and the end of the war and one historian has claimed that sexual violence against women in liberated France was common.
A FEW PHOTOS AND STORIES TO ADD:
Dare you read through the rest of these? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_war_crimes
And don’t think the Indians have forgotten these things. Here is a list of the worst American presidents in Indian history: https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/history/people/indian-killer-andrew-jackson-deserves-top-spot-on-list-of-worst-us-presidents/
AND DO YOU THINK THAT SEPARATING FAMILIES IS NEWS? It was once a weapon.
AS RECENTLY AS 1921 murder was a weapon against Indians:
A LIBERAL HISTORIAN’S VIEWS
Here is an interview of a historian with a liberal viewpoint. He concludes that a revival of the liberal agenda is our only hope. That may not help us, but he may have some points as he reports on Vietnam:
“The US got gradually involved. It first financed the French colonial war and then took over the fighting itself after the Vietnamese defeated the French. President Kennedy sent in 16,000 “advisers,” but realized the war was wrong and planned to end it if he hadn’t been killed. US motives were mixed. Ho was not only a nationalist, he was a communist. No US leader wanted to lose a war to the communists anywhere.
This was especially true after the communist victory in China in 1949. Many feared the domino effect — that Vietnam would lead to communist victories across Southeast Asia. That would leave Japan isolated and Japan, too, would eventually turn toward the communist bloc for allies and trading partners. So one motivation was geopolitical.
Another was economic. US leaders didn’t want to lose the cheap labor, raw materials, and markets in Indochina. Another reason was that the military-industrial complex in the US — the “defense” industries and the military leaders allied with them — got fat and prosperous from war. War was their reason for being and they profited handsomely from war in both inflated profits and promotions.
So it was a combination of maintaining US preeminence in the world, defending and exploiting US economic interests, and a perverse and corrosive anti-communist mentality that wanted to defeat the communists everywhere.”
THE BIG LIE VIETNAM STYLE
My personal involvement in the Vietnam war made me a participant, if not directly. Bow did I get involved? by a lie. President Johnson ordered us in and I got a draft notice. But the excuse was a big lie.
“For most of the last five decades, it has been assumed that the Tonkin Gulf incident was a deception by Lyndon Johnson to justify war in Vietnam. But the U.S. bombing of North Vietnam on August 4, 1964 in retaliation for an alleged naval attack that never happened — and the Tonkin Gulf Resolution that followed was not a move by LBJ to get the American people to support a U.S. war in Vietnam.
The real deception on that day was that Secretary of Defense Robert S. McNamara’s misled LBJ by withholding from him the information that the U.S. commander in the Gulf who had initially reported an attack by North Vietnamese patrol boats on U.S. warships had now expressed serious doubts about the initial report and was calling for a full investigation by daylight. That withholding of information from LBJ represented a brazen move to usurp the president’s constitutional power of decision on the use of military force.”
“The US dropped more bombs against little Vietnam than had been dropped by all sided in all previous wars in history — three times as many as were dropped by all sides in WWII. That war was the worst atrocity — the worst example of foreign aggression — committed since the end of WWII. Nineteen million gallons of herbicide poisoned the countryside. Vietnam’s beautiful triple canopy forests were effectively eliminated. The US destroyed 9,000 of South Vietnam’s 15,000 hamlets.
It destroyed all six industrial cities in the North as well as 28 of 30 provincial towns and 96 of 116 district towns. It threatened to use nuclear weapons on numerous occasions. Among those who discussed and occasionally supported such use was Henry Kissinger. Former Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara told my students that he believes that 3.8 million Vietnamese died in the war.
Thus, the war was truly horrific and the Americans have never atoned for this crime. Instead of winning a Nobel Peace Prize for ending the war, Henry Kissinger should be in the dock in the Hague standing trial for having committed crimes against humanity.”
WHAT WAS IT LIKE FOR THEM?
WOW; We just can’t keep our nose out of trouble. And it comes back to bite us…
WAR CRIMES TOO:
In 1988, during the waning days of Iraq’s war with Iran, the United States learned through satellite imagery that Iran was about to gain a major strategic advantage by exploiting a hole in Iraqi defenses. U.S. intelligence officials conveyed the location of the Iranian troops to Iraq, fully aware that Hussein’s military would attack with chemical weapons, including sarin, a lethal nerve agent.
AND THE WAR ON TERROR
GUANTANAMO…THE ART OF INJUSTICE
“An armchair dominates the space. It looks reasonably comfortable, but there is a leg shackle in front of it, connected to a bar in the floor. This is the space where detainees, as a privilege, may watch one of the camp’s DVDs, shackled and observed by guards through a one-way mirror.”
“Djamel, Berber (Algeria). Held: 11 Years, 11 Months, 18 Days. Cleared: October 9, 2008, and May 8, 2009. Released: December 4, 2013. Charges: Never Filed in U.S. Acquitted and Exonerated at Trial in Algeria.”
INJUSTICE MOTIVATES A CHANGE OF MIND:
“Terry, American (Arizona). United States Army Veteran. Deployed to U.S. Naval Station GTMO: 2003-2004. Assignment: Joint Task Force (JTF) Guard. Converted to Islam: December 29, 2003. Honorably Discharged”
“There’s this persistent global dream or ideal that the United States will fight for human rights,” Cornwall said — even in the face of all evidence, even after 13 years in an extralegal prison without charges or trial, and perhaps even today, Trump administration notwithstanding. It may be a dangerous illusion; it may be a vital hope. “It’s a powerful myth,” Cornwall said. “That to me is Camp America.”
BUT WAIT…GUANTANAMO GOES WAY BACK…
“IT IS A testament to the Washington establishment’s rhetorical dexterity that it labeled Guantánamo Bay home of the world’s most dangerous terrorists. U.S. leaders meant, of course, to refer to the hundreds of non-Americans detained at the base over the past 16 years. But a closer look at the history of Guantánamo tells a different story — one in which the United States, beginning 120 years ago this June, used the enclave in southeastern Cuba to launch decades upon decades of terroristic overseas conquest.”
OH YES; THERE WAS ALSO THE “TAILHOOK” AND RECENT PORN SCANDALS IN THE MILITARY…
We can’t even write all there is published here, so follow the links if you dare.
In 1992, a young Navy lieutenant named Paula Coughlin said she had been sexually assaulted at the 35th Annual Tailhook Symposium in Las Vegas.
Her complaints revealed an ugly side to the annual convention for “Top Gun” aviators: 83 women and 7 men were later found to have been assaulted during the raucous party weekend in September 1991. The resulting scandal forced the resignation of the secretary of the Navy, the censure of several admirals and the enactment of a reform agenda that stressed a “zero tolerance” policy.
Did it make a difference? More than two decades later the news remains extremely discouraging.
Mar 10, 2017 11:30 AM EST
THE PENTAGON — The Defense Department is investigating online outlets through which Marines shared nude photographs of women, including fellow Marines — some taken without their knowledge. CBS News has learned the investigation has spread to all branches of the military.
DARE WE ALSO MENTION THE “POLITE” WHITE COLLAR CRIMES?
“Nobody goes to jail. This is the mantra of the financial-crisis era, one that saw virtually every major bank and financial company on Wall Street embroiled in obscene criminal scandals that impoverished millions and collectively destroyed hundreds of billions, in fact, trillions of dollars of the world’s wealth — and nobody went to jail. Nobody, that is, except Bernie Madoff, a flamboyant and pathological celebrity con artist, whose victims happened to be other rich and famous people.
The rest of them, all of them, got off. Not a single executive who ran the companies that cooked up and cashed in on the phony financial boom — an industrywide scam that involved the mass sale of mismarked, fraudulent mortgage-backed securities — has ever been convicted. Their names by now are familiar to even the most casual Middle American news consumer: companies like AIG, Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America and Morgan Stanley. Most of these firms were directly involved in elaborate fraud and theft.”
WE STILL SYMBOLIZE OUR DARK HERITAGE.
We now know more about the scale and brutality of Britain’s counterinsurgency in Kenya thanks to recent historical scholarship and the landmark court case brought to the High Court in London by elderly Kenyan victims of colonial torture in 2009 (the UK government eventually admitted to the torture and paid out compensation).
Exact figures are contested, but it is known that tens of thousands of Kenyans were killed by colonial forces during the uprising, while hundreds of thousands more were detained in concentration camps and fortified villages, subjected to routine brutality and forced labour. Rape and castration were common forms of torture, and many victims of such atrocities are still with us today.
My own view is that the US first lady’s decision to wear a pith helmet was appropriate and should be taken seriously. The regime she represented in Kenya is a white supremacist one. Her husband campaigned successfully under the fascist slogan “America First,” and has since implemented his “Muslim ban” and encouraged the detention of migrants, including separating children from their parents and keeping them in “tender age” cages.
The policies and ideological grounding of the current US administration – and the bogus fears animating its supporters – represent a continuation of earlier forms of imperialism. There is no attempt to disguise the fear and hatred towards people of colour, at home or abroad. The pith helmet makes the connection quite clear.
Our flag has red and white stripes. Red makes me think of the blood of sins. Seven of those to only six white stripes. We are out of balance. Do we really want to present a “whitewashed” history to our children? When they enlist in the military should they be unprepared for the real dangers of the deeply corrupted nation and its leaders? For the naive the decisions are dangerous if they are unprepared. To simply report to your chain of command invites retributions. Whistleblowers are almost always punished without protections. But the guilty are almost always protected from punishment. Best prepare our youth with realities and solid decision making abilities.
The bible does not offer us an easy way out. there is no grey, only black and white. Self-preservation is not preservation for victims of an evil system. We do not always win in a battle where the forces of evil have the upper hand. But God has placed us in a life that is the entrance exam for the greater life. We must have faith in God when we are facing the Lion’s den or the trial by fire. Is it unfair to position a young man to face a giant with only a sling? Who do you believe? Have you trained your young warriors in spiritual warfare?
It is not enough to teach our children to do carnal warfare, to be the “manly-men”. In our day women are also going into combat, and physical strength is not enough to give confidence. Spiritual warfare means that we know how to maintain the armor and weapons of faith in our own righteous lifestyle. Christians do need to resist temptations when far from home and familiar companions. But like David, they may repair the breaches in armor by repentance. The shield of faith can be lifted, by only a gesture of faith, to cover the gaps in our protection. We trust God to deliver us, and report for duty in the face of a need for real truth.
As I read the Old Testament I am wearied by how many ways Israel defied God as they were obviously heading for judgment. Solomon wrote the wisdom of Proverbs, then demonstrated how to break those rules. He repented, but the nation continued to follow his bad examples. The prophets warned them but they continued to sin until the Babylonian invasion. Now I watch our nation over many years getting increasingly worse music, movies, television, and sinking morals. guess where this nation is going?
As in bible times the powerful men feed us media like the Roman games, gory perversion to keep us poor and entertained. Will we have to choose between giving up our religion or taking arms as zealots? God gave us a way out in Jesus, but some will still divert to liberal or conservative conflict. Best we can exchange the government of this world in favor of the Kingdom of God, our true sovereign.
But, if you still want to vote, why not form a Christian party and waste your vote guilt-free? Here, I can save you some time: https://www.facebook.com/groups/252106495163541/
Righteous Vision 2020 is my Facebook group. Download the spreadsheet and record a tab of your own views. then we can get the group to review your ideas and determine a platform the whole group can accept, or at least agree to a reasonable compromise. Now the ball is in your court. We may never win an election, but we can cast a vote without guilt. We are never stuck with only two evils to chose from if we always have one righteous choice. Turn this into a real SPIRITUAL PARTY, not a POLITICAL PARTY.